Defeated SBY’s son tells supporters to freely vote for Ahok or Anies
The Jakarta Post
Defeated Jakarta gubernatorial candidate Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono told his followers to use their rights freely to vote for Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama or Anies Baswedan in the second round of the election to take place on April 19.
“The Constitution gives them rights to select which candidate is the best,” Agus said in a statement on Friday.
Agus, who was paired with Sylviana Murni, called on his campaign volunteers and constituents to implement high-quality democracy and politics, which upholds ethics and values of truth and justice.
“I hope the second round of the Jakarta election will run safely, successfully and democratically, presenting the best leader for the people of Jakarta,” he asserted.
(Read also: Agus Yudhoyono concedes defeat in touching speech)
The final vote count by the Jakarta election commission concluded on Feb. 27 that incumbent Jakarta Governor Ahok and his running mate Djarot Saiful Hidayat won by a whisker over rival candidate pair Anies and Sandiaga Uno. Trailing in a distant third was Agus and his running mate Sylviana. (dan)
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique