Defeated SBY’s son tells supporters to freely vote for Ahok or Anies
The Jakarta Post
Defeated Jakarta gubernatorial candidate Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono told his followers to use their rights freely to vote for Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama or Anies Baswedan in the second round of the election to take place on April 19.
“The Constitution gives them rights to select which candidate is the best,” Agus said in a statement on Friday.
Agus, who was paired with Sylviana Murni, called on his campaign volunteers and constituents to implement high-quality democracy and politics, which upholds ethics and values of truth and justice.
“I hope the second round of the Jakarta election will run safely, successfully and democratically, presenting the best leader for the people of Jakarta,” he asserted.
(Read also: Agus Yudhoyono concedes defeat in touching speech)
The final vote count by the Jakarta election commission concluded on Feb. 27 that incumbent Jakarta Governor Ahok and his running mate Djarot Saiful Hidayat won by a whisker over rival candidate pair Anies and Sandiaga Uno. Trailing in a distant third was Agus and his running mate Sylviana. (dan)
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Headless torso found in Danish waters is missing journalist
- West Jakarta to collect tax arrears for hundreds of rental cars
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open