Defeated SBY’s son tells supporters to freely vote for Ahok or Anies
The Jakarta Post
Defeated Jakarta gubernatorial candidate Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono told his followers to use their rights freely to vote for Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama or Anies Baswedan in the second round of the election to take place on April 19.
“The Constitution gives them rights to select which candidate is the best,” Agus said in a statement on Friday.
Agus, who was paired with Sylviana Murni, called on his campaign volunteers and constituents to implement high-quality democracy and politics, which upholds ethics and values of truth and justice.
“I hope the second round of the Jakarta election will run safely, successfully and democratically, presenting the best leader for the people of Jakarta,” he asserted.
(Read also: Agus Yudhoyono concedes defeat in touching speech)
The final vote count by the Jakarta election commission concluded on Feb. 27 that incumbent Jakarta Governor Ahok and his running mate Djarot Saiful Hidayat won by a whisker over rival candidate pair Anies and Sandiaga Uno. Trailing in a distant third was Agus and his running mate Sylviana. (dan)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Man refuses bicycle prize from President Jokowi
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018