Defeated SBY’s son tells supporters to freely vote for Ahok or Anies
The Jakarta Post
Defeated Jakarta gubernatorial candidate Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono told his followers to use their rights freely to vote for Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama or Anies Baswedan in the second round of the election to take place on April 19.
“The Constitution gives them rights to select which candidate is the best,” Agus said in a statement on Friday.
Agus, who was paired with Sylviana Murni, called on his campaign volunteers and constituents to implement high-quality democracy and politics, which upholds ethics and values of truth and justice.
“I hope the second round of the Jakarta election will run safely, successfully and democratically, presenting the best leader for the people of Jakarta,” he asserted.
(Read also: Agus Yudhoyono concedes defeat in touching speech)
The final vote count by the Jakarta election commission concluded on Feb. 27 that incumbent Jakarta Governor Ahok and his running mate Djarot Saiful Hidayat won by a whisker over rival candidate pair Anies and Sandiaga Uno. Trailing in a distant third was Agus and his running mate Sylviana. (dan)
- Big Bad Wolf 2018 to offer Mandarin books
- Essential guide to remote travel in eastern Indonesia
- The skinny on McDonald’s Indonesia ‘nasi uduk’ set
- Jakarta to open first two-pronged underpass to public
- 100 'ojek' drivers gather at Central Jakarta apartment complex after alleged assault
- African nations are now more like Wakanda: Foreign Ministry
- Woman dies at Soekarno-Hatta after arriving from Sydney
- Five Indonesians on Saudi’s death row because of ‘magic’
- More than 130 pilot whales die in mass Australia beaching
- Indonesia calls for joint effort to tax Google, Facebook, Amazon