Soeharto’s half brother supports Ahok: Campaign team
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta governor candidate Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama’s campaign team spokesman Ruhut Sitompul has said Probosutedjo, a businessman who is the half brother of the late president Soeharto, has thrown his support behind the incumbent in the April 19 election runoff.
Ruhut claimed that Probosutedjo invited Ahok to his house on Jl. Diponegoro, Menteng, Central Jakarta, on Wednesday.
“The two of us went [to Probosutedjo’s house]. Probosutedjo’s wife really supports Pak Ahok. She a Ahoker (Ahok supporter),” Ruhut said as quoted by Kompas.com on Friday.
He further said that in the meeting, Probosutedjo introduced his staff to Ahok. They welcomed the governor and took pictures with him, he added.
Ruhut said Probosutedjo had supported Ahok and his running mate, Djarot Saiful Hidayat, in the first round of the election on Feb. 15.
Meanwhile, one of Soeharto's daughter, Golkar Party member Titiek Soeharto, reportedly supports Anies Baswedan and his running mate Sandiaga Uno. Her support contradicts the party's decision to endorse Ahok and Djarot in the election. (cal/ebf)
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3