Latest iPhone series to enter Indonesian market
The Jakarta Post
United States technology giant Apple Inc. has secured official approval to once again sell its signature iPhone mobile phone series in Indonesia after fulfilling a requirement to use a minimum of 30 percent local components in smartphones distributed throughout the country, locally known as TKDN.
The Industry Ministry’s director for metals, machinery, transportations and electronics, I Gusti Putu Suryawirawan, confirmed on Sunday that the ministry had granted the approval after Apple agreed to build supporting infrastructure to fulfill the requirement.
Meanwhile, Apple’s official partner, telecommunications company Smartfren, has announced that the company will open up pre-order services for Apple’s iPhone 7 and 7 Plus on March 24, according to company spokesman Yondi Hartanto.
“The products will arrive in customers’ hands after they create pre-orders. We don’t want to discuss the .exact date, but it’s usually no longer than a week after the pre-order,” Yondi said on Sunday via telephone.
As the only telecommunications firm officially partnering with Apple, the company will help sell the products with completed data packages, Yondi said, adding that Apple had also partnered with some electronics distributors.
Pre-orders for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus for Smartfren can be organized through the company’s official website or through its 13 galleries spread across several big cities in Indonesia, he added. (yon/hwa)
You might also like :
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money