More F-16 aircraft from US arrive in Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
Five F-16 jet fighters granted from the United States government will arrive at the Iswahjudi Air Force Base in Magetan, East Java, on Monday.
"Five F-16 fighter aircraft type F-16C/D from the US government will arrive today at Iswahjudi Air Force Base, Magetan," Head of public information at the Iswahjudi Air Force Base, Magetan, Mayor Tamsir, said on Monday as quoted on kompas.com.
(Read also: Two squadrons of F-16s grounded after crash)
The five jet fighters are a portion of the 24 aircraft the US government granted to Indonesia. Indonesia has received 14 aircraft until now.
"So there are still five more to come. According to schedule, they will arrive by the end of the year," said Tamsir.
Tamsir said one pilot from Iswahjudi would be one of the five pilots who flew the aircraft from the US to Indonesia.
Tamsir added that the five aircraft would received directly by Danlanud Iswahjudi, Marsma TNI Andyawan MP at the main base.
It was earlier reported that five F-16s from the US Air Force had arrived at Iswahjudi on Wednesday. The aircraft have been upgraded so that their ability is equivalent to a new plane.
The five aircraft are expected to strengthen Indonesia’s main weaponry system. (dis/wit)
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe