More F-16 aircraft from US arrive in Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
Five F-16 jet fighters granted from the United States government will arrive at the Iswahjudi Air Force Base in Magetan, East Java, on Monday.
"Five F-16 fighter aircraft type F-16C/D from the US government will arrive today at Iswahjudi Air Force Base, Magetan," Head of public information at the Iswahjudi Air Force Base, Magetan, Mayor Tamsir, said on Monday as quoted on kompas.com.
(Read also: Two squadrons of F-16s grounded after crash)
The five jet fighters are a portion of the 24 aircraft the US government granted to Indonesia. Indonesia has received 14 aircraft until now.
"So there are still five more to come. According to schedule, they will arrive by the end of the year," said Tamsir.
Tamsir said one pilot from Iswahjudi would be one of the five pilots who flew the aircraft from the US to Indonesia.
Tamsir added that the five aircraft would received directly by Danlanud Iswahjudi, Marsma TNI Andyawan MP at the main base.
It was earlier reported that five F-16s from the US Air Force had arrived at Iswahjudi on Wednesday. The aircraft have been upgraded so that their ability is equivalent to a new plane.
The five aircraft are expected to strengthen Indonesia’s main weaponry system. (dis/wit)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.