Paris police search financial prosecutor's headquarters after threat
Paris police searched the headquarters of the national financial prosecutor after a phone-in bomb threat but found no explosives.
A Paris police official says employees are being allowed to return to the building after explosives experts combed the site following the threat Monday. The prosecutor's office is in central Paris, near the Garnier Paris opera house.
The official, who wasn't authorized to be publicly named, says that empty bomb threats are a frequent occurrence in the French capital.
France remains under a state of emergency after a string of deadly Islamic extremist attacks.
You might also like :
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- In Jordan, Iraqi Christians dream of fresh start abroad
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president