Paris police search financial prosecutor's headquarters after threat
Paris police searched the headquarters of the national financial prosecutor after a phone-in bomb threat but found no explosives.
A Paris police official says employees are being allowed to return to the building after explosives experts combed the site following the threat Monday. The prosecutor's office is in central Paris, near the Garnier Paris opera house.
The official, who wasn't authorized to be publicly named, says that empty bomb threats are a frequent occurrence in the French capital.
France remains under a state of emergency after a string of deadly Islamic extremist attacks.
You might also like :
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?