Paris police search financial prosecutor's headquarters after threat
Paris police searched the headquarters of the national financial prosecutor after a phone-in bomb threat but found no explosives.
A Paris police official says employees are being allowed to return to the building after explosives experts combed the site following the threat Monday. The prosecutor's office is in central Paris, near the Garnier Paris opera house.
The official, who wasn't authorized to be publicly named, says that empty bomb threats are a frequent occurrence in the French capital.
France remains under a state of emergency after a string of deadly Islamic extremist attacks.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Violent rhetoric's slippery slope
- Investment saving balance of payments: BI
- Scary space movie dethrones funny space movie at US box offices
- Djarot to visit mosques during Ramadhan
- Vietnamese, Indonesian patrol boats square off in Natuna waters
- City tells squatters to leave BMW Park
- Association expects slow auto sales this year
- Southeast Asia’s internet economy tops US$50 billion: Report
- Jokowi welcomes Swedish monarchs at Bogor Palace
- Online health services introduced at East Jakarta Puskesmas