Paris police search financial prosecutor's headquarters after threat
Paris police searched the headquarters of the national financial prosecutor after a phone-in bomb threat but found no explosives.
A Paris police official says employees are being allowed to return to the building after explosives experts combed the site following the threat Monday. The prosecutor's office is in central Paris, near the Garnier Paris opera house.
The official, who wasn't authorized to be publicly named, says that empty bomb threats are a frequent occurrence in the French capital.
France remains under a state of emergency after a string of deadly Islamic extremist attacks.
You might also like :
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Government to subsidize fish exports to Australia
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Eradicating terrorism must be comprehensive: BNPT
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter