Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
The Jakarta Post
Incumbent Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama has intensified his online campaign ahead of the April 19 runoff against rival Anies Baswedan in the Jakarta gubernatorial election.
The governor has launched two programs: the Ahok Show and Kepoin Pelayan Jakarta (Scrutinizing Jakarta’s Servants), which can be accessed on Ahok’s and his team’s social media accounts.
The Ahok Show, which has aired since March 17, features popular presenter Sarah Sechan as Ahok’s co-host. The program targets youths by bringing up topics and games such as “flip the bottle” and “chubby bunny marshmallow”, which are popular among youths.
Filmmaker Nia Dinata, who serves as a consultant for the program, said the idea to create the program came from Ahok. “[Ahok] said, ‘I think I can host a talk show.’”, she said as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Nia said she believed Ahok had what it took to be an entertaining host with his brash personality. “As a leader, he needs to maintain his relations with the youths. If he does not win the election, the show should go on because, who knows, we can achieve many things by talking to young people,” Nia added.
In Kepoin Pelayan Jakarta, Ahok and his running mate, Djarot Saiful Hidayat, carry out online blusukan (impromptu visit). Through the program, Instagram and Facebook users can directly pose questions to the pair. (rdi/ary)
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Indonesia to regulate taxes for global firms’ subsidiaries
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection