Student found dead in Central Jakarta sluice
The Jakarta Post
A junior high school student was found dead from drowning in a sluice in Central Jakarta on Wednesday after, together with his nine friends, ignoring warning signs to not to play in the water.
The victim, identified as Prayoga Triguntoro, 14, died after drowning in a sluice in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, for 18 hours.
“He was found 100 meters from the vanishing point,” said Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency spokesperson Dwi Septiyanto, as quoted by kompas.com.
Kemayoran Police chief Comr. Muhammad Roshid said that the police had questioned four Public Facility Maintenance (PPSU) workers.
“Those kids have been warned not to play near [the sluice],” Roshid said.
A circulating video showed some 10 kids playing on an orange boat floating nearby the sluice gate. They jumped into the water a few times until the boat overturned and caused all of them to plunge into the water.
Eight of them managed to survive while the other two Jabar and Prayoga were swept away by the water. Jabar was able to save himself, but Prayoga disappeared. (wnd)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route