Apple makes a comeback in Indonesia with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
The Jakarta Post
United States technology giant Apple Inc. has returned to Indonesia, resuming sales by delivering its latest products, the iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
The move comes after Apple fulfilled the requirement to use minimum 30 percent local components in its smartphones by building a US$44 million research and development (R&D) center in BSD City, Tangerang, Banten.
Hundreds of people flocked to Galeri Smartfren on Jl. Sabang, Central Jakarta, on Friday, eagerly waiting to get their hands on an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus. Pre-orders were on offer between March 24 and March 30 by Apple’s official partner, local telecommunication operator PT Smartfren Telecom.
Karina Dwi Handayani, 32, left her house in Pondok Bambu, East Jakarta early in the morning and arrived at the location at 6:20 a.m. She could not hide her enthusiasm about her dream gadget, an iPhone 7 128 GB.
“I bought this because I need a new phone. Previously I had an iPhone 4s,” said Karina, a loyal fan of Apple products.
Like many other Apple consumers, she believes the latest version of the smartphone applies the most advanced technology.
Smartfren offers the iPhone 7 and iPhone plus in two one-year bundling data plan packages, namely the iPlan 350 and iPlan 485,.
The iPhone 7 32GB is the lowest priced at Rp 13.19 million (US$1,043) with a iPlan 350 bundling plan, while the iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB with a iPlan 485 bundling plan is priced the highest at Rp 19.02 million. (lnd)
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence