Court rejects petition, Wahidin-Halim to lead Banten
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court has rejected a petition challenging the results of the Banten gubernatorial election filed by incumbent candidate Rano Karno and running mate Embay Mulya Syarief.
Their rivals, Wahidin Halim and Andika Hazrumy, therefore, have been declared the province's governor and deputy governor for the 2017 to 2022 period.
"We will press ahead to build Banten," said Wahidin in a press conference on Tuesday.
On the occasion, Wahidin and Andika thanked Banten residents for electing them and said they had a set of strategies and programs to develop the province, particularly its infrastructure.
"We will fix damaged roads in Banten, including those in remote areas," Wahidin said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Wahidin was Tangerang mayor for 10 years since 2003, while Andika is the son of former Banten governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah, who took office in 2007 before she was imprisoned for her involvement in a graft case in 2014. (agn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official