Govt welcomes plan to develop Disneyland in Boyolali
The Jakarta Post
The Presidential office has welcome the plan to develop a Disneyland entertainment venue in Boyolali regency, Central Jakarta, with the hope that it will have a multiplier effect on development in the region.
“Indonesia is wide open for any investment that has a multiplier effect on development in the region,” said Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung at the Presidential office in Jakarta on Monday as reported by tempo.co.
Previously, Boyolali Regent Seno Samudra said he had received an offer from Disneyland management in California for the company to develop a venue on a 100-hectare site in the regency with a total investment of about Rp 6 trillion (US$452.49 billion).
The ground-breaking ceremony for the project is scheduled for Sept. 1.
Pramomo said that in the area, the government had established a growth-center triangle – Solo (Surakarta), Klaten and Yogyakarta – in which Boyolali had been included and would be promoted as a target for investment.
“If a Disneyland really is to be developed, it is great news and it will be a large investment,” Pramono added. (bbn).
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- Freeport submits proposal to obtain export permit
- First Jakarta-Los Angeles cargo route launched in Tanjung Priok
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike