Govt welcomes plan to develop Disneyland in Boyolali
The Jakarta Post
The Presidential office has welcome the plan to develop a Disneyland entertainment venue in Boyolali regency, Central Jakarta, with the hope that it will have a multiplier effect on development in the region.
“Indonesia is wide open for any investment that has a multiplier effect on development in the region,” said Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung at the Presidential office in Jakarta on Monday as reported by tempo.co.
Previously, Boyolali Regent Seno Samudra said he had received an offer from Disneyland management in California for the company to develop a venue on a 100-hectare site in the regency with a total investment of about Rp 6 trillion (US$452.49 billion).
The ground-breaking ceremony for the project is scheduled for Sept. 1.
Pramomo said that in the area, the government had established a growth-center triangle – Solo (Surakarta), Klaten and Yogyakarta – in which Boyolali had been included and would be promoted as a target for investment.
“If a Disneyland really is to be developed, it is great news and it will be a large investment,” Pramono added. (bbn).
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city