Govt welcomes plan to develop Disneyland in Boyolali
The Jakarta Post
The Presidential office has welcome the plan to develop a Disneyland entertainment venue in Boyolali regency, Central Jakarta, with the hope that it will have a multiplier effect on development in the region.
“Indonesia is wide open for any investment that has a multiplier effect on development in the region,” said Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung at the Presidential office in Jakarta on Monday as reported by tempo.co.
Previously, Boyolali Regent Seno Samudra said he had received an offer from Disneyland management in California for the company to develop a venue on a 100-hectare site in the regency with a total investment of about Rp 6 trillion (US$452.49 billion).
The ground-breaking ceremony for the project is scheduled for Sept. 1.
Pramomo said that in the area, the government had established a growth-center triangle – Solo (Surakarta), Klaten and Yogyakarta – in which Boyolali had been included and would be promoted as a target for investment.
“If a Disneyland really is to be developed, it is great news and it will be a large investment,” Pramono added. (bbn).
- Jokowi bestows highest medal to Swedish king
- Ahok withdraws appeal
- Police lambasted for treatment of men arrested at alleged sex party
- Vietnamese, Indonesian patrol boats square off in Natuna waters
- EDITORIAL: Violent rhetoric's slippery slope
- Government needs to focus on Inflation control: Bank Indonesia
- J-pop star Ayumi Hamasaki is going completely deaf
- Jokowi, Kalla are fine, says Luhut
- Jakarta, Seoul tighten bonds as sister cities
- Indonesian CEOs seek balanced life for family, careers