New wholesale market to be built in East Jakarta
Ida I. Khouw
The Jakarta Post
City-owned market operator PD Pasar Jaya has begun construction on a new wholesale food market, Jakgrosir, in Kramat Jati, East Jakarta.
The new modern market will be built within the area of Kramat Jati market, one of the biggest traditional markets in Jakarta.
PD Pasar Jaya aims to complete the construction within a month and begin operations by June 8.
The operator's technical director Adi Wijaya said the market is being built on a 3,800 square meter plot of land.
"We will build a ground floor for staple food vendors and a mezzanine for culinary stalls," Adi said as quoted by beritajakarta.com on Tuesday.
The mezzanine, said Adi, will be able to accommodate around 20 stalls, while the ground floor will sell a wide array of staple foods, ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 products.
The market will also have a loading area, parking lots and cold storage equipped with controlled atmosphere storage (CAS) machines. (dea)
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'