New wholesale market to be built in East Jakarta
Ida I. Khouw
The Jakarta Post
City-owned market operator PD Pasar Jaya has begun construction on a new wholesale food market, Jakgrosir, in Kramat Jati, East Jakarta.
The new modern market will be built within the area of Kramat Jati market, one of the biggest traditional markets in Jakarta.
PD Pasar Jaya aims to complete the construction within a month and begin operations by June 8.
The operator's technical director Adi Wijaya said the market is being built on a 3,800 square meter plot of land.
"We will build a ground floor for staple food vendors and a mezzanine for culinary stalls," Adi said as quoted by beritajakarta.com on Tuesday.
The mezzanine, said Adi, will be able to accommodate around 20 stalls, while the ground floor will sell a wide array of staple foods, ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 products.
The market will also have a loading area, parking lots and cold storage equipped with controlled atmosphere storage (CAS) machines. (dea)
- Seven fasting tips for diabetics
- Terrorism Law still in limbo
- Macron, Trudeau 'bromance' fires up internet
- China sets up semifinal thriller against Japan in Sudirman Cup
- Former first lady calls for fight against intolerance
- My frogs have been eaten by a monitor lizard: Jokowi
- Urging love, Ariana Grande plans show for Manchester attack victims
- ‘Jamu’ fuels Jokowi’s frenetic schedule
- South Korea too strong for Thais to reach Sudirman Cup final