Social affairs minister posts first vlog entry
The Jakarta Post
Social Affairs Minister Khofifah Indar Parawansa seems to be fully aware of the importance for state officials to engage with social media trends, as she published a first piece on her video blog, or vlog, on Wednesday.
In the vlog entry, called “KhofifahVLOG #1 Menengok Korban Tanah Longsor di Aceh Tenggara” and uploaded to the minister’s YouTube channel at 7 p.m., Khofifah shared her activities to help deliver social assistance to landslide victims in Southeast Aceh.
Wearing a white shirt, Khofifah opened her video by explaining the latest conditions in Southeast Aceh after flash floods and landslides hit the regency, destroying hundreds of houses.
“Flash floods occurred in Southeast Aceh, several houses were identified to have been severely damaged, some people have died. We are all sorrowful over the losses caused by the landslides and flash floods. Hopefully, we all get firmness and strength, especially the families that lost loved ones,” Khofifah said in the video, which has a duration of eight minutes and 29 seconds, as quoted in a press statement released on Thursday.
In the disaster location, Khofifah monitored public kitchens built by the Social Affairs Ministry and greeted hundreds of evacuees, mostly women. “I hope Allah will compensate your patience and strength with abundant fortunes and blessings,” she told them, who responded by saying “Amen”.
The video shows damage caused by the flash floods, which carried large rocks and trees. At least 303 houses were heavily damaged, 178 houses were swept away and two people reportedly died. (mrc/ebf)
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church