Disbanding Hizbut Tahrir, a step back to New Order
Azis Anwar Fachrudin
The government’s plan to disband Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia (HTI) raises two critical issues. One concerns the legal procedure, the other relates to reasons behind such a plan.
Contrary to what some media have reported, the government hasn’t officially disbanded HTI. What was conveyed by Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto on Monday was the government’s of...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income