Disbanding Hizbut Tahrir, a step back to New Order
Azis Anwar Fachrudin
The government’s plan to disband Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia (HTI) raises two critical issues. One concerns the legal procedure, the other relates to reasons behind such a plan.
Contrary to what some media have reported, the government hasn’t officially disbanded HTI. What was conveyed by Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto on Monday was the government’s of...
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Tourism Ministry to lure New Zealand yachters
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- President Jokowi optimistic about electric cars in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu