Jakarta to hold National Awakening concert at Kalijodo Park
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration plans to conduct a National Awakening concert featuring a number of famous musicians, like Addie MS, Erwin Gutawa, Maia Estianti and Once, at Kalijodo Park on May 21.
Acting Jakarta governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said the concert was also held to welcome the 490th anniversary of Jakarta, which falls on June 22.
“The concert will involve musicians, artists as well as the participation of the public,” Djarot was quoted by kompas.com as saying at the governor’s official residence in Menteng, Central Jakarta.
Djarot invited the artists and musicians involved to the residence to discuss the concert.
Djarot further said he was inspired by a choir led by Addie MS at City Hall on Wednesday morning, which had much support from citizens. Thousands of people participated in the choir where national songs like “Indonesia Raya,” “Garuda Pancasila” and “Syukur” were performed.
“We want to revive the spirit of nationalism that has Pancasila as its ideology and the motto Bhinneka Tunggal Ika [unity in diversity],” Djarot said, adding that the city had also prepared 490 doves to be released during the concert.
He said that doves are a symbol of peace, love and loyalty to Indonesia. (vny/dmr)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- TNI denies explosive use during rescue after Papua shootings