Golkar to hold leaders meeting to prepare for 2019 elections
Margareth S. Aritonang and Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
The Golkar Party is set to hold a national leadership meeting (Rapimnas) slated for May 21 to May 23 in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan. The meeting is part of the party’s move to prepare for the 2019 legislative and presidential elections.
To secure victories in the elections, the leadership meeting will discuss Golkar’s election campaign initiatives, member recruitment improvements and strategies to secure votes at polling stations, party executive chief Nurdin Khalid said.
Nurdin further explained that in the meeting, Golkar would present awards to winners of a village-level soccer championship held by the party in villages across Indonesia.
“In the final game, participants will fight for a trophy from Pak Jokowi [President Joko Widodo],” he told journalists at a meeting at Golkar’s headquarters in Slipi, West Jakarta, on Monday evening.
The announcement to hold a leadership meeting has come amid an internal rift triggered by opposing opinions in regard to Golkar chairman Setya Novanto's alleged involvement in a mega scandal revolving around the e-ID procurement project. (ebf)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals