Novel to undergo surgery on his eyes in Singapore
The Jakarta Post
Ace Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan will undergo surgery on his eyes at a hospital in Singapore on Thursday, one month after he was attacked with acid by unidentified assailants near his house in North Jakarta.
“We have received information that he will undergo an operation on Thursday,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Wednesday night as quoted by Kompas.com.
It was reported on Monday that Novel’s overall sight was improving but his right eye was still inflamed.
The investigator was brutally attacked with acid one morning last month after returning to his house from dawn prayers. It is believed that two perpetrators threw the acid in his face while riding by on a motorcycle.
The police have not named any suspects in the case.
At the time of the attack, Novel was a star investigator leading major corruption investigations, including the e-ID case, which implicates dozens of high-ranking politicians. (ary/saf)
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- EDITORIAL: Thank you for 35 years
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- 'Handmaid's Tale' returns to television, darker and more chilling
- Anies urged to revoke land certificates used to claim Pari Island