Novel to undergo surgery on his eyes in Singapore
The Jakarta Post
Ace Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan will undergo surgery on his eyes at a hospital in Singapore on Thursday, one month after he was attacked with acid by unidentified assailants near his house in North Jakarta.
“We have received information that he will undergo an operation on Thursday,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Wednesday night as quoted by Kompas.com.
It was reported on Monday that Novel’s overall sight was improving but his right eye was still inflamed.
The investigator was brutally attacked with acid one morning last month after returning to his house from dawn prayers. It is believed that two perpetrators threw the acid in his face while riding by on a motorcycle.
The police have not named any suspects in the case.
At the time of the attack, Novel was a star investigator leading major corruption investigations, including the e-ID case, which implicates dozens of high-ranking politicians. (ary/saf)
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- PAN to withdraw from KPK inquiry committee
- City to repair sidewalks with leftover budget from Semanggi project
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Freeport yet to extend operating permit: Ministry