Novel to undergo surgery on his eyes in Singapore
The Jakarta Post
Ace Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan will undergo surgery on his eyes at a hospital in Singapore on Thursday, one month after he was attacked with acid by unidentified assailants near his house in North Jakarta.
“We have received information that he will undergo an operation on Thursday,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Wednesday night as quoted by Kompas.com.
It was reported on Monday that Novel’s overall sight was improving but his right eye was still inflamed.
The investigator was brutally attacked with acid one morning last month after returning to his house from dawn prayers. It is believed that two perpetrators threw the acid in his face while riding by on a motorcycle.
The police have not named any suspects in the case.
At the time of the attack, Novel was a star investigator leading major corruption investigations, including the e-ID case, which implicates dozens of high-ranking politicians. (ary/saf)
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- The Pirate Bay mined cryptocurrency by ‘borrowing’ visitors’ CPU
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- Bogor Police exhumes body of ‘gladiator fight’ victim for autopsy
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded