Novel to undergo surgery on his eyes in Singapore
The Jakarta Post
Ace Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator Novel Baswedan will undergo surgery on his eyes at a hospital in Singapore on Thursday, one month after he was attacked with acid by unidentified assailants near his house in North Jakarta.
“We have received information that he will undergo an operation on Thursday,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah said on Wednesday night as quoted by Kompas.com.
It was reported on Monday that Novel’s overall sight was improving but his right eye was still inflamed.
The investigator was brutally attacked with acid one morning last month after returning to his house from dawn prayers. It is believed that two perpetrators threw the acid in his face while riding by on a motorcycle.
The police have not named any suspects in the case.
At the time of the attack, Novel was a star investigator leading major corruption investigations, including the e-ID case, which implicates dozens of high-ranking politicians. (ary/saf)
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers