Klender Station closed for one week due to fire
The Jakarta Post
Following a fire that destroyed parts of Klender Station in East Jakarta, it was announced on Friday that the station would be closed for at least one week.
The fire at started at 7:30 a.m. during rush hours. One passenger identified as 20-year-old Riki Riana was injured. The East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency deployed nine fire trucks to the site and had extinguished the fire by 8:15 a.m.
Train services between Bekasi Station in West Java and Jakarta Kota Station were disrupted due to the fire.
“Commuter train services have been restored and are operating normally. However, from now until next week, Klender Station will be out of operation. Passengers cannot get on or off trains there,” said train operator PT KAI Commuter Jabodetabek (KCJ) spokesperson Eva Chairunnisa in a written statement.
Eva said passengers who usually took a train from Klender Station could depart from nearby stations, such as in Jatinegara or Buaran.
“If passengers cannot use their tickets because of the incident, they can get refunds until next Monday,” she said.
Eva said the cause of the fire was being investigated. (dea)
- Electronic music and poetry collide in ‘Melihat Puisi’
- Who will be new Singapore PM? Test him in the next general election
- Aceh, Dubai-based firm to start hydrocarbon survey
- The movie ‘Sekala Niskala’ won Grand Prix at Berlin International Film Festival 2018
- Czech schoolboy maps his life from disabled to designer
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan seeks to book Rp 367.8 trillion in funds
- Impossible to pair Kalla with Jokowi again, PDI-P says
- Susi beats Sandiaga in Lake Sunter showdown
- In 'Coco' child star's story, life and art intertwine
- Rohingya exodus still growing, six months into crisis