Jakarta distributes affordable meat in 74 areas
The Jakarta Post
The city administration has been distributing affordable beef and chicken to low-income residents since February and aims to reach out to residents living in 74 sub-districts in all five municipalities and Thousand Islands regency until November, an official has said.
“The subsidized beef and chicken will be distributed to 74 sub-districts, including 42 child-friendly integrated public spaces [RPTRA],” Jakarta Economic Affairs Bureau head Sri Haryati said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Sri said the prices would start at Rp 39,000 (US$2.9) per kilogram for beef and Rp 10,000 per kg for chicken.
The subsidized food is provided to residents whose children are holders of the Jakarta Smart Card (KJP), Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) workers and the residents of low-cost apartments.
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance