Jakarta distributes affordable meat in 74 areas
The Jakarta Post
The city administration has been distributing affordable beef and chicken to low-income residents since February and aims to reach out to residents living in 74 sub-districts in all five municipalities and Thousand Islands regency until November, an official has said.
“The subsidized beef and chicken will be distributed to 74 sub-districts, including 42 child-friendly integrated public spaces [RPTRA],” Jakarta Economic Affairs Bureau head Sri Haryati said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Sri said the prices would start at Rp 39,000 (US$2.9) per kilogram for beef and Rp 10,000 per kg for chicken.
The subsidized food is provided to residents whose children are holders of the Jakarta Smart Card (KJP), Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) workers and the residents of low-cost apartments.
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'