Jakarta distributes affordable meat in 74 areas
The Jakarta Post
The city administration has been distributing affordable beef and chicken to low-income residents since February and aims to reach out to residents living in 74 sub-districts in all five municipalities and Thousand Islands regency until November, an official has said.
“The subsidized beef and chicken will be distributed to 74 sub-districts, including 42 child-friendly integrated public spaces [RPTRA],” Jakarta Economic Affairs Bureau head Sri Haryati said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Sri said the prices would start at Rp 39,000 (US$2.9) per kilogram for beef and Rp 10,000 per kg for chicken.
The subsidized food is provided to residents whose children are holders of the Jakarta Smart Card (KJP), Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) workers and the residents of low-cost apartments.
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- New rule could give banks more headaches
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- To control population, Yogyakarta offers Rp 1 million for men to undergo vasectomies
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'