Jakarta distributes affordable meat in 74 areas
The Jakarta Post
The city administration has been distributing affordable beef and chicken to low-income residents since February and aims to reach out to residents living in 74 sub-districts in all five municipalities and Thousand Islands regency until November, an official has said.
“The subsidized beef and chicken will be distributed to 74 sub-districts, including 42 child-friendly integrated public spaces [RPTRA],” Jakarta Economic Affairs Bureau head Sri Haryati said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Sri said the prices would start at Rp 39,000 (US$2.9) per kilogram for beef and Rp 10,000 per kg for chicken.
The subsidized food is provided to residents whose children are holders of the Jakarta Smart Card (KJP), Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) workers and the residents of low-cost apartments.
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire