Jakarta distributes affordable meat in 74 areas
The Jakarta Post
The city administration has been distributing affordable beef and chicken to low-income residents since February and aims to reach out to residents living in 74 sub-districts in all five municipalities and Thousand Islands regency until November, an official has said.
“The subsidized beef and chicken will be distributed to 74 sub-districts, including 42 child-friendly integrated public spaces [RPTRA],” Jakarta Economic Affairs Bureau head Sri Haryati said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Sri said the prices would start at Rp 39,000 (US$2.9) per kilogram for beef and Rp 10,000 per kg for chicken.
The subsidized food is provided to residents whose children are holders of the Jakarta Smart Card (KJP), Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) workers and the residents of low-cost apartments.
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income