Makassar, Semarang join EU’s ‘World Cities’
The Jakarta Post
In the face of rising urbanization challenges, two Indonesian cities have paired up with two European cities for a year-long sustainable urban development program, overseen by the European Commission.
The Commission launched the “World Cities Indonesia” program in Jakarta on Monday, which partners Makassar in South Sulawesi and Semarang in Central Java with Sevilla in Spain and Zagreb ...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination