Tax office to probe over 1,000 alleged tax evaders
The Jakarta Post
The Directorate General of Taxation plans to investigate more than 1,000 taxpayers who stand accused of tax evasion.
Among them, are participants of the governments nine-month tax amnesty, investigation and tax collection director Angin Prayitno Aji said on Wednesday as reported by kompas.com.
The list includes several “big fish,” he added.
The tax office, he said, had evidence on tax amnesty participants who had failed to comprehensively report their wealth and would, therefore, be investigated.
“We have actually warned the taxpayers that they have to pay large amounts of money,” said Angin, adding that investigators had also discovered forgeries of tax invoices. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes