Tito replaces Solok Police chief over persecution
The Jakarta Post
National Police spokesperson Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto said on Saturday that National Police chief Gen. Tito Karnavian had replaced Solok, West Sumatra, Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Susmelawati Rosya, over her inability to prevent the persecution of Fiera Lovita, 40, a physician at Solok Regional Hospital, by Islam Defenders Front (FPI) members.
Setyo said Rosya was deemed to have been incapable of properly protecting Fiera. The police chief had mediated a dialogue between Fiera and FPI members who had intimidated her but it did not solve the problem, he added.
It was previously reported that Fiera had been intimidated by FPI members who accused her of defaming their leader Rizieq Shihab on her Facebook account last week.
(Read also: Police warns against online witch hunts)
Setyo said Rosya did not carry out the law-enforcement responsibility she bore as a police chief against the parties intimidating Fiera.
“Our leader [Tito] felt Bu Rosya did not fully perform her duty as a public servant. She only facilitated the mediation without investigating the intimidation,” he said. Setyo further said the persecution had caused fear that spread to several regions.
On Friday evening, Tito said he would not hesitate to replace any subordinate who was not firm in handling persecution cases.
An internal telegram signed and released by Arief Sulistyanto, of the National Police chief’s management staff, on Friday revealed that Rosya was transferred to the human resources bureau of the West Sumatra Police. She has been replaced by Adj. Sr. Comr. Dony Setiawan, who previously served at the narcotics division of the National Police’s criminal investigation department. (rdi/ebf)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut