Sandiaga says he wants to visit Ahok in detention
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno says he wishes to visit former Jakarta governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama at the National Police's Mobile Brigade detention center in Depok, West Java
Ahok has been detained since May 9 after the North Jakarta District Court found him guilty of blasphemy in what many believe to be a politicized case aimed at bringing about his defeat in Jakarta's recent gubernatorial election.
"If his family and lawyers let me, I want to visit Ahok," Sandiaga said on Friday, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Sandiaga said he hoped to visit Ahok during Ramadhan.
Sandiaga added that he was currently trying to communicate with newly inaugurated Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat to meet and congratulate him on his new position. (cal)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft