Sandiaga says he wants to visit Ahok in detention
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno says he wishes to visit former Jakarta governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama at the National Police's Mobile Brigade detention center in Depok, West Java
Ahok has been detained since May 9 after the North Jakarta District Court found him guilty of blasphemy in what many believe to be a politicized case aimed at bringing about his defeat in Jakarta's recent gubernatorial election.
"If his family and lawyers let me, I want to visit Ahok," Sandiaga said on Friday, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Sandiaga said he hoped to visit Ahok during Ramadhan.
Sandiaga added that he was currently trying to communicate with newly inaugurated Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat to meet and congratulate him on his new position. (cal)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash