Geo Dipa Energi changes name
JAKARTA: State-owned geothermal energy firm PT Geo Dipa Energi has announced a change in its name into PT Geothermal Nusantara, following its expansion into geothermal energy processing.
In a statement, the company says it will soon manage two new geothermal working areas (WKP) aside from its existing sites in Dieng Plateau, Central Java, and Patuha, West Java.
Geo Dipa Energi president director Riki Firmandha Ibrahim said the government had entrusted the company with managing two more WKPs in Umbul Telomoyo and Arjuno Welirang, East Java.
“The decision is in line with the government’s target to source 7,000 megawatts of electricity from geothermal energy by 2025,” said Riki.
The company, along with the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry’s New and Renewable Energy Directorate General, updated the East Java administration on June 13 to seek support for the project.
“WKP Arjuno Welirang has a potential power resource of 180 MW. We will find out about its reserve capacity, so we will be able to provide electricity to East Java residents, especially those living near Arjuno Welirang,” said Geo Dipa Energi finance director Muhammad Ikbal Nur. (dea/tas)
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Deputy police chief dies in N. Sumatra speedboat accident