Geo Dipa Energi changes name
JAKARTA: State-owned geothermal energy firm PT Geo Dipa Energi has announced a change in its name into PT Geothermal Nusantara, following its expansion into geothermal energy processing.
In a statement, the company says it will soon manage two new geothermal working areas (WKP) aside from its existing sites in Dieng Plateau, Central Java, and Patuha, West Java.
Geo Dipa Energi president director Riki Firmandha Ibrahim said the government had entrusted the company with managing two more WKPs in Umbul Telomoyo and Arjuno Welirang, East Java.
“The decision is in line with the government’s target to source 7,000 megawatts of electricity from geothermal energy by 2025,” said Riki.
The company, along with the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry’s New and Renewable Energy Directorate General, updated the East Java administration on June 13 to seek support for the project.
“WKP Arjuno Welirang has a potential power resource of 180 MW. We will find out about its reserve capacity, so we will be able to provide electricity to East Java residents, especially those living near Arjuno Welirang,” said Geo Dipa Energi finance director Muhammad Ikbal Nur. (dea/tas)
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- ‘Black Panther’ succeeds in bringing Wakanda to world
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April