Geo Dipa Energi changes name
JAKARTA: State-owned geothermal energy firm PT Geo Dipa Energi has announced a change in its name into PT Geothermal Nusantara, following its expansion into geothermal energy processing.
In a statement, the company says it will soon manage two new geothermal working areas (WKP) aside from its existing sites in Dieng Plateau, Central Java, and Patuha, West Java.
Geo Dipa Energi president director Riki Firmandha Ibrahim said the government had entrusted the company with managing two more WKPs in Umbul Telomoyo and Arjuno Welirang, East Java.
“The decision is in line with the government’s target to source 7,000 megawatts of electricity from geothermal energy by 2025,” said Riki.
The company, along with the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry’s New and Renewable Energy Directorate General, updated the East Java administration on June 13 to seek support for the project.
“WKP Arjuno Welirang has a potential power resource of 180 MW. We will find out about its reserve capacity, so we will be able to provide electricity to East Java residents, especially those living near Arjuno Welirang,” said Geo Dipa Energi finance director Muhammad Ikbal Nur. (dea/tas)
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco