Geo Dipa Energi changes name
JAKARTA: State-owned geothermal energy firm PT Geo Dipa Energi has announced a change in its name into PT Geothermal Nusantara, following its expansion into geothermal energy processing.
In a statement, the company says it will soon manage two new geothermal working areas (WKP) aside from its existing sites in Dieng Plateau, Central Java, and Patuha, West Java.
Geo Dipa Energi president director Riki Firmandha Ibrahim said the government had entrusted the company with managing two more WKPs in Umbul Telomoyo and Arjuno Welirang, East Java.
“The decision is in line with the government’s target to source 7,000 megawatts of electricity from geothermal energy by 2025,” said Riki.
The company, along with the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry’s New and Renewable Energy Directorate General, updated the East Java administration on June 13 to seek support for the project.
“WKP Arjuno Welirang has a potential power resource of 180 MW. We will find out about its reserve capacity, so we will be able to provide electricity to East Java residents, especially those living near Arjuno Welirang,” said Geo Dipa Energi finance director Muhammad Ikbal Nur. (dea/tas)
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017