Man killed after reprimanding resident over motorbike noise
The Jakarta Post
A man has allegedly killed a fellow resident in Bekasi after being reprimanded about his noisy motorbike.
The suspect, a 41-year-old man identified as FWT, reportedly slashed Deny Andhaka’s arm and back after Deny had asked him to stop disturbing residents with his loud motorbike at the Kologad residence on Sunday night.
“Being asked to stop his action by the victim, the suspect suddenly left and returned right away with a blade. He made the same noise again,” Bekasi Police head Sr. Comr. Hero Henrianto Bachtiar said on Monday.
Hero added that Deny, 36, had approached the suspect and reprimanded him again, but the latter could not accept the admonition and attacked the victim. The victim failed to evade the attack and sustained a 30-centimeter cut to his left arm.
“The suspect also slashed the victim’s back, causing a 15-cm cut,” Hero said.
Seeing the victim covered in blood, FWT escaped with his motorcycle, while some residents brought Deny to Masmitra hospital in Jatimakmur. (dra)
“Unfortunately, the victim did not survive such a loss of blood,” Hero said.
Pondokgede Police’s criminal and investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Dimas Satya Wicaksana added that police arrested the suspect at his house.
According to information from residents, Dimas said, the suspect had often caused problems, such as thuggery. “People often felt disturbed, but they didn’t dare to fight [FWT].”
Deny’s body has been handed over to his family for the funeral. (dra)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says