Man killed after reprimanding resident over motorbike noise
The Jakarta Post
A man has allegedly killed a fellow resident in Bekasi after being reprimanded about his noisy motorbike.
The suspect, a 41-year-old man identified as FWT, reportedly slashed Deny Andhaka’s arm and back after Deny had asked him to stop disturbing residents with his loud motorbike at the Kologad residence on Sunday night.
“Being asked to stop his action by the victim, the suspect suddenly left and returned right away with a blade. He made the same noise again,” Bekasi Police head Sr. Comr. Hero Henrianto Bachtiar said on Monday.
Hero added that Deny, 36, had approached the suspect and reprimanded him again, but the latter could not accept the admonition and attacked the victim. The victim failed to evade the attack and sustained a 30-centimeter cut to his left arm.
“The suspect also slashed the victim’s back, causing a 15-cm cut,” Hero said.
Seeing the victim covered in blood, FWT escaped with his motorcycle, while some residents brought Deny to Masmitra hospital in Jatimakmur. (dra)
“Unfortunately, the victim did not survive such a loss of blood,” Hero said.
Pondokgede Police’s criminal and investigation unit head Adj. Comr. Dimas Satya Wicaksana added that police arrested the suspect at his house.
According to information from residents, Dimas said, the suspect had often caused problems, such as thuggery. “People often felt disturbed, but they didn’t dare to fight [FWT].”
Deny’s body has been handed over to his family for the funeral. (dra)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport