Robbery gang amasses Rp 1 billion in two months
The Jakarta Post
An armed robbery gang, known as the Lampung Gang, operating in Jakarta and other areas carried out robberies in 23 locations and amassed Rp 1.18 billion (US$ 88,815) within two months, the police have said.
They are alleged to have robbed and fatally shot in the head Davidson Tantono, 30, at a gas station in Daan Mogot, Cengkareng, West Jakarta, on June 9, taking Rp 350 million he withdrew beforehand at a bank.
“The gang members mostly come from the same village and started robbing in April 2017,” Jakarta Police mobile detective unit head Adj. Sr. Com. Aris Priyono said on Sunday, referring to a village in Lampung, Sumatra.
According to police records, the gang had carried out their crimes, which allegedly involved cruel methods, within the province and amassed tens to hundreds of millions of rupiah.
In the last two months, they robbed Rp 60 million in Tangerang, Banten, Rp 800 million in Bekasi, Rp 100 million in Kedung Halang, Bogor, West Java, Rp 150 million in Cikarang, West Java, and Rp 100 million in West Jakarta, the police records show.
The police alleged the gang had more than ten members, some of whom were arrested in connection with the Davidson shooting.
“They divided the money based on their level of ability,” Aris said as quoted by tribunnews.com. (dra)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos