Jakarta's most famous tourism spots packed with holidaymakers
The Jakarta Post
Ragunan Zoo in Ragunan, South Jakarta, the capital's largest green area, predicts that more than 100,000 people will have visited the zoo by the end of Monday, the second day of Idul Fitri.
At 3 p.m. on Monday, the zoo’s management said it has already welcomed 90.964 tourists.
Last year, it hosted more than 800,000 visitors over the two-day Idul Fitri holiday, Ragunan spokesperson Wahyudi Bambang said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com
Meanwhile, some 60,000 holidaymakers flocked to Ancol Dreamland Park, in North Jakarta, according to Rika Lestari, the park’s manager of Corporate Communication.
Other popular tourist destinations, such as Fantasy World (Dufan), Sea World, Atlantis and Ocean Dream Samudera (ODS) have also been packed with holiday-goers. (hol)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper