Jakarta's most famous tourism spots packed with holidaymakers
The Jakarta Post
Ragunan Zoo in Ragunan, South Jakarta, the capital's largest green area, predicts that more than 100,000 people will have visited the zoo by the end of Monday, the second day of Idul Fitri.
At 3 p.m. on Monday, the zoo’s management said it has already welcomed 90.964 tourists.
Last year, it hosted more than 800,000 visitors over the two-day Idul Fitri holiday, Ragunan spokesperson Wahyudi Bambang said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com
Meanwhile, some 60,000 holidaymakers flocked to Ancol Dreamland Park, in North Jakarta, according to Rika Lestari, the park’s manager of Corporate Communication.
Other popular tourist destinations, such as Fantasy World (Dufan), Sea World, Atlantis and Ocean Dream Samudera (ODS) have also been packed with holiday-goers. (hol)
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls