No fuel, electricity shortages during Lebaran
Fedina S. Sundaryani
The Jakarta Post
The Downstream Oil and Gas Regulatory Agency (BPH Migas) says fuel and electricity supplies are sufficient to meet demand during this year’s Idul Fitri holiday period.
There had been no reports of shortages during the first two days of Idul Fitri, BPH Migas head M. Fanshurullah Asa, who serves as the national energy sector coordinator for Idul Fitri 2017, said on Monday.
The government would remain vigilant, since millions would be traveling back from their hometowns in the next few days, he added.
“We must still anticipate the reverse flow and hope that the conditions remain safe without any disturbances,” Fanshurullah said in a statement obtained by The Jakarta Post.
Several fuel depots were reportedly short of supplies, including the one at the Krueng Raya Terminal in Aceh, which ran out of Pertalite gasoline, and another depot at the Tolitoli Terminal in Central Sulawesi, which experienced a shortage of kerosene and would be resupplied on Tuesday.
The depot in Aceh will be resupplied on Thursday with 2,000 kiloliters and a reserve of Premium gasoline adequate for 22.9 days.
As of Sunday, the supply of Premium was adequate for 20.51 days, diesel fuel for 25.17 days, Pertalite for 22.99 days, kerosene for 114.25 days, Pertamax gasoline for 25.57 days, Pertamax Turbo gasoline for 25.02 days and Pertamina Dex diesel for 28.71 days. (bbn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw