Jokowi, Trump to meet and talk about economy
The Jakarta Post
The economy will be the main topic raised during a bilateral meeting between President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and United States president Donald Trump at the upcoming G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany.
Foreign Affairs Minister Retno Marsudi said on Monday that both presidents were also scheduled to talk about other bilateral issues between the two countries, but she did not elaborate.
“The focus is the economy," Retno said at the State Palace in Jakarta.
Retno added that the meeting was scheduled for July 8. Besides Trump, Jokowi will also meet other leaders from Australia, the Netherlands, Norway, Vietnam, Spain and South Korea.
Before meeting with Trump, Jokowi will meet with leaders from Australia and the Netherlands on July 7.
Retno added that the meeting would be the first time the two presidents had the opportunity to talk intensively. Previously, both presidents met at the Riyadh Summit in Saudi Arabia in May, but did not have the chance to talk. (ika)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community