Jokowi, Trump to meet and talk about economy
The Jakarta Post
The economy will be the main topic raised during a bilateral meeting between President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and United States president Donald Trump at the upcoming G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany.
Foreign Affairs Minister Retno Marsudi said on Monday that both presidents were also scheduled to talk about other bilateral issues between the two countries, but she did not elaborate.
“The focus is the economy," Retno said at the State Palace in Jakarta.
Retno added that the meeting was scheduled for July 8. Besides Trump, Jokowi will also meet other leaders from Australia, the Netherlands, Norway, Vietnam, Spain and South Korea.
Before meeting with Trump, Jokowi will meet with leaders from Australia and the Netherlands on July 7.
Retno added that the meeting would be the first time the two presidents had the opportunity to talk intensively. Previously, both presidents met at the Riyadh Summit in Saudi Arabia in May, but did not have the chance to talk. (ika)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?