Telecommunications expert assaulted on Jagorawi toll road
The Jakarta Post
A telecommunications expert with the Bandung Institute of Technology, Hermansyah, was attacked by a group of unidentified people on the Jagorawi toll road in Cipayung, East Jakarta, on Sunday.
Hermansyah was stabbed on the toll road at around 4 a.m.
"The victim's car was struck by the assailants’ car. The assailants then forced him [Hermansyah] to pull over,” East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andry Wibowo said as quoted by kompas.com.
When Hermansyah stepped out of the car, one of the perpetrators stabbed him with a sharp weapon.
After attacking Hermansyah, they all escaped, Andry said.
Hermansyah's wife then rushed him to the nearby Hermina Hospital in Depok, West Java, where he underwent surgery for stab wounds to the neck, hand, foot and ear.
Hermansyah was later transferred to the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) in Central Jakarta, citing security concerns.
Hermansyah is an expert who once questioned the authenticity of the steamy conversations between Islam Defenders Front (FPI) cleric Rizieq Shihab and Firza Husein.
During a TV program, he suggested that the police track down the parties who uploaded the chats onto the internet. (cal/dmr)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse