Telecommunications expert assaulted on Jagorawi toll road
The Jakarta Post
A telecommunications expert with the Bandung Institute of Technology, Hermansyah, was attacked by a group of unidentified people on the Jagorawi toll road in Cipayung, East Jakarta, on Sunday.
Hermansyah was stabbed on the toll road at around 4 a.m.
"The victim's car was struck by the assailants’ car. The assailants then forced him [Hermansyah] to pull over,” East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Andry Wibowo said as quoted by kompas.com.
When Hermansyah stepped out of the car, one of the perpetrators stabbed him with a sharp weapon.
After attacking Hermansyah, they all escaped, Andry said.
Hermansyah's wife then rushed him to the nearby Hermina Hospital in Depok, West Java, where he underwent surgery for stab wounds to the neck, hand, foot and ear.
Hermansyah was later transferred to the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) in Central Jakarta, citing security concerns.
Hermansyah is an expert who once questioned the authenticity of the steamy conversations between Islam Defenders Front (FPI) cleric Rizieq Shihab and Firza Husein.
During a TV program, he suggested that the police track down the parties who uploaded the chats onto the internet. (cal/dmr)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta