Two men involved in car accident arrested for testing positive for drugs
The Jakarta Post
The police arrested two people on Monday after their car hit a motorcycle on Jl. Sudirman in Tebet, South Jakarta.
It is suspected that both men, Ruben Suharto, 22, and Raihandi, 34, were under the influence of marijuana when the accident happened.
Tebet Police personnel were suspicious of the men’s behavior and searched the car after the accident. They found three marijuana butts.
“The police then carried out a urine test, after which it was revealed both men tested positive for drugs,” Tebet Police head Comr. Maulana Karepesina told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
The police have detained Ruben and Raihandi at the Tebet Police office for further questioning. (hol/ebf)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse