Two men involved in car accident arrested for testing positive for drugs
The Jakarta Post
The police arrested two people on Monday after their car hit a motorcycle on Jl. Sudirman in Tebet, South Jakarta.
It is suspected that both men, Ruben Suharto, 22, and Raihandi, 34, were under the influence of marijuana when the accident happened.
Tebet Police personnel were suspicious of the men’s behavior and searched the car after the accident. They found three marijuana butts.
“The police then carried out a urine test, after which it was revealed both men tested positive for drugs,” Tebet Police head Comr. Maulana Karepesina told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
The police have detained Ruben and Raihandi at the Tebet Police office for further questioning. (hol/ebf)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta