Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
The Jakarta Post
Two sisters committed suicide by jumping from the fifth floor of the Gateway Apartment in Bandung, West Java, on Monday afternoon.
Based on video footage, which went viral on social media, the two sisters jumped from the apartment after climbing over a balcony rail. The older sister, aged 34, jumped first. Her 28-year-old sister jumped seconds later.
Several people recorded the incident on their mobile phones.
During police questioning, the two victims’ 39-year-old brother said of his two sisters had suffered psychological disorders for eight years. They were once treated at mental health clinic Penuai Indonesia Foundation, Bogor.
“They had mental health problems since 2006, when their mother passed away,” said Bandung Police chief Sr. Comr. Hendro Pandowo, quoting the victims’ brother.
A witness identified only as Dewi said she spotted the two sisters before they jumped. Dewi, who runs a laundry service in a kiosk near the apartment, said the two women looked disoriented before they jumped.
Hendro said the two women sustained head and leg injuries. Their arms were broken.
“The bodies of the two victims have been taken to Sartika Asih Hospital for autopsies,” said Hendro. (ecn/ebf)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018