Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
The Jakarta Post
Two sisters committed suicide by jumping from the fifth floor of the Gateway Apartment in Bandung, West Java, on Monday afternoon.
Based on video footage, which went viral on social media, the two sisters jumped from the apartment after climbing over a balcony rail. The older sister, aged 34, jumped first. Her 28-year-old sister jumped seconds later.
Several people recorded the incident on their mobile phones.
During police questioning, the two victims’ 39-year-old brother said of his two sisters had suffered psychological disorders for eight years. They were once treated at mental health clinic Penuai Indonesia Foundation, Bogor.
“They had mental health problems since 2006, when their mother passed away,” said Bandung Police chief Sr. Comr. Hendro Pandowo, quoting the victims’ brother.
A witness identified only as Dewi said she spotted the two sisters before they jumped. Dewi, who runs a laundry service in a kiosk near the apartment, said the two women looked disoriented before they jumped.
Hendro said the two women sustained head and leg injuries. Their arms were broken.
“The bodies of the two victims have been taken to Sartika Asih Hospital for autopsies,” said Hendro. (ecn/ebf)
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade