Man burned to death for stealing mosque amplifiers
The Jakarta Post
A 30-year old man, identified only as MA, was burned to death after being accused of stealing three amplifier units from a mosque in Suka Tenang, Bekasi regency, West Java, on Tuesday.
MA was reportedly caught red-handed by village residents as he attempted to remove the amplifiers on Tuesday afternoon . He fled the scene, throwing himself into a nearby river separating Suka Tenang and Muara Bakti village.
However, as he reached Muara Bakti, other residents were waiting for him. They beat him before pouring gasoline over him and setting him on fire.
MA died at the scene. The body, with 80 percent burns, was taken to Kramat Jati Police Hospital in East Jakarta, said Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Asep Adi Saputra.
Following the incident, the police seized the amplifiers along with a motorcycle suspected of belonging to MA.
“We must not commit vigilante attacks like this because Indonesia has laws to deal with crimes,” Asep said as quoted by tempo.co. (agn)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world