Education and Culture Ministry, KPK cooperate to combat corruption
The Jakarta Post
The Education and Culture Ministry signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) at the ministry in Jakarta on Thursday in an effort to prevent corruption in the education sector.
“I hope this cooperation will improve the ministry's capability to fulfill its responsibilities toward God and the public,” Education and Culture Minister Muhadjir Effendy said as quoted by kompas.com.
Education and Culture Minister Muhadjir Effendy (left) walks with Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) chairman Agus Rahardjo after the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at the Education and Culture Ministry in Jakarta, on Thursday, Aug. 3, 2017. (The Jakarta Post/Wendra Ajistyatama)
Muhadjir said the cooperation included anti-corruption education, data and information exchange, a corruption prevention system, public complaint service and state property control, as well as the implementation of a mobile application JAGA created by the KPK.
The agreement also pushes for the ministry and the KPK to strengthen the mechanisms of the official wealth report (LHKPN), the implementation of Corrution-Free-Zones (WBK) and the Serving and Clean Bureaucracy Zone (WBBM).
“We hope the leader in preventing corruption will be the ministry, the KPK is just the trigger mechanism. We also hope there will be a special task force [on corruption prevention],” said KPK chairman Agus Rahardjo. (ecn/bbs)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Status: Online, but not present