Hanura to discuss vice president candidate for Jokowi
The Jakarta Post
The Hanura Party is set to kick off a national leadership meeting in Kuta, Bali, on Aug. 4-5 during which the party will discuss possible vice presidential candidates to be paired with incumbent President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo in the 2019 race.
“Our approach [in selecting a vice presidential candidate] will more on the criteria rather than the personality. We are looking for a candidate who fits with Jokowi,” the meeting's steering committee head, Djafar Badjebersaid, said as quoted by kompas.com.
The venue of the Hanura Party's National Leadership Meeting in Kuta, Bali, on Thursday. President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo is scheduled to attend the meeting on Friday. (The Jakarta Post/Zul Trio Anggono)
During its extraordinary national congress in December last year, Hanura declared its support for the reelection of Jokowi in the next presidential election.
The NasDem Party and the United Development Party (PPP) have also declared support for Jokowi.
Djafar said the meeting in Bali would also formulate strategies for the 2019 legislative election. Hanura targets being among the "big four" at the House of Representatives.
“It’s a great challenge for us to enter the big four. But we are serious about reaching our goal,” he said.
With 16 lawmakers, Hanura is currently the smallest among the 10 parties at the House. (ecn/bbs)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant