Rights body to investigate fatal shooting in Deiyai
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) has assigned a team to investigate the death of Deiyai resident Yulius Pigai, believed to have been caused by police gunshots after dozens of local residents ran amok and burned a facility belonging to a contractor company in the Papuan regency.
The team, led by Frits Ramandey, a Komnas HAM representative in Papua, is scheduled to depart ...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter