Rights body to investigate fatal shooting in Deiyai
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) has assigned a team to investigate the death of Deiyai resident Yulius Pigai, believed to have been caused by police gunshots after dozens of local residents ran amok and burned a facility belonging to a contractor company in the Papuan regency.
The team, led by Frits Ramandey, a Komnas HAM representative in Papua, is scheduled to depart ...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt