Pressure mounts on police over Deiyai shooting
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (KontraS) has called for a full investigation into a fatal shooting implicating police personnel in Deiyai regency, Papua, on Tuesday.
Yulius Pigai, a civilian, died in the incident, while 13 other people sustained injuries.
Kontras coordinator Yati Andriyani said that three days after the incident, the commission had yet t...
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Dangdut singer partners with Tourism Ministry to launch new cake brand
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day