Pressure mounts on police over Deiyai shooting
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (KontraS) has called for a full investigation into a fatal shooting implicating police personnel in Deiyai regency, Papua, on Tuesday.
Yulius Pigai, a civilian, died in the incident, while 13 other people sustained injuries.
Kontras coordinator Yati Andriyani said that three days after the incident, the commission had yet t...
- EU launches defence pact it calls 'bad news for enemies'
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- City to cover expenses of Christmas celebration at Monas
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Indonesia wins trade dispute on fatty alcohols with EU
- Dalai Lama turns to iPhone to spread app-iness
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia making progress in global ICT ranking
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas