Pressure mounts on police over Deiyai shooting
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
The Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (KontraS) has called for a full investigation into a fatal shooting implicating police personnel in Deiyai regency, Papua, on Tuesday.
Yulius Pigai, a civilian, died in the incident, while 13 other people sustained injuries.
Kontras coordinator Yati Andriyani said that three days after the incident, the commission had yet t...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote