Island focus: 3-kg LPG canister prices skyrocket
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Surakarta, Central Java, have faced difficulties in finding subsidized 3-kilogram liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) canisters in the past week. The short supply has led to the skyrocketing price of the canisters to between Rp 20,000 (US$1.49) and Rp 30,000 each from its normal price of Rp 17,000.
The prices were set the highest in three districts in Boyolali regency, namely Andong,...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year