Island focus: 3-kg LPG canister prices skyrocket
The Jakarta Post
Residents of Surakarta, Central Java, have faced difficulties in finding subsidized 3-kilogram liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) canisters in the past week. The short supply has led to the skyrocketing price of the canisters to between Rp 20,000 (US$1.49) and Rp 30,000 each from its normal price of Rp 17,000.
The prices were set the highest in three districts in Boyolali regency, namely Andong,...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money