Tjahjo wants Kalla in charge of Jokowi's reelection bid
The Jakarta Post
A senior Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) politician has proposed Vice President Jusuf Kalla to serve as campaign team chairman for President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo's reelection bid in the 2019 general election.
Tjahjo Kumolo, who is also Home Minister in Jokowi's administration said that if Kalla decided not to join the 2019 race as Jokowi's running mate, he would be best-suited for the position.
"This is my personal opinion and this does not mean that we have shut the door for his [Kalla's] candidacy," Tjahjo said as quoted by kompas,com.
Tjahjo added that political parties in the ruling coalition had already prepared their candidates to run as Jokowi's running mate in the next presidential election.
"But if Pak Kalla wished to run again as the President's running mate, then parties in the coalition should talk about it again," Tjahjo said.
Many have speculated that Kalla, who would turn 77 in 2019, would not join Jokowi's ticket in the 2019 presidential election.
Last week, Kalla had to hold a press conference to dispel rumors circulating on social media that he had to be rushed to a Singaporean hospital for ill health.
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Depok on alert after latest diphtheria casualty