Govt’s 16th economic package receives warm welcome
The Jakarta Post
Business people have enthusiastically welcomed the latest 16th economic package on the acceleration of business implementation, which aims to improve coordination between ministries and provincial administrations in business permit issuance.
Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) chairman Rosan Roeslani told The Jakarta Post that the economic policy, which was issued in the form of a Presidential regulation, was in line with the aspirations of business people.
“We need the policy to maintain and support investment and the government’s development programs in the country,” he said via a text message on Thursday.
He added that Kadin had suggested the government formulate the policy based on the business people’s findings in the field regarding the coordination of related parties involved in the issuance of business permits.
“We found many obstacles in harmonizing the policies between central and regional governments,” he said, adding that sectoral ego between ministries and other institutions also hampered permit issuance.
The 16th economic package will be implemented in two stages, consisting of the formation of task forces to oversee and solve the problems in business permit issuance, the regulatory reforms and the implementation of a single submission system. (rdi/ags)
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence