Setya files pretrial motion against suspect status
The Jakarta Post
House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto filed a pretrial hearing request on Monday with the South Jakarta District Court to challenge the decision by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) to name him a graft suspect.
Setya, who is also chairman of the Golkar Party, was named a suspect in the e-ID project in May.
“Yes it is true. He [Setya] has filed a pretrial motion today [Monday],” South Jakarta District Court public information official Made Sutrisna said as quoted by kompas.com in Jakarta.
Made stated that Setya had appointed Chepy Iskandar as the only lawyer who would represent him in the case.
The KPK alleged that Setya played a major role in the corruption revolving around the e-ID case, which reportedly caused Rp 2.3 trillion (Rp 172.5 million) in state losses.
He denied his alleged involvement in the e-ID graft case by repeatedly saying “I am not guilty”. (msa/ebf)
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste