Motorcycle taxi driver accused of sexually assaulting teenager
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
An online motorcycle taxi driver, Chairulloh, 37, has been accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in Matraman, East Jakarta.
The alleged incident happened on Wednesday at around 7:30 a.m. after the complainant booked Chairulloh, a driver for Grab, who drove her to his friend's house on Jl. Slamet Riyadi IV, instead of to her internship office in Central Jakarta as booked.
East Jakarta Police chief, Andry Wibowo, claimed that Chairulloh then sexually assaulted the girl at the house.
"After the assault, he took the victim to her internship," Andry said in his statement on Thursday.
The girl and her father reported the incident to the police.
Chairulloh had been arrested and questioned by the police, Andry said.
Meanwhile, Grab Indonesia’s country marketing director Mediko Azwar said the company regretted the incident and apologized to the alleged victim.
Grab Indonesia has terminated its cooperation with Chairulloh.
“Our current priority is to give the full support and assistance needed by the passenger and her family. We will also cooperate with the police and other related parties regarding the investigation of this matter,” he said. (cal)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget