Five named suspects in Jambi land, forest fires
The Jakarta Post
The Jambi Police have named five people as suspects during their investigation into seven land and forest fire cases, which occurred from January to August.
Jambi Police spokesperson Comr. Wirmanto Dinata said three out of the seven cases were handled by the Tebo Police while two cases were investigated by the Batanghari Police. The East Tanjungjabung Police and the Muarojambi Police handled one case each.
Three land and forest burners were named suspects by the Tebo Police while two others were declared suspects by the Muarojambi Police and the East Tanjungjabung Police.
“They were all named individual suspects. There has been no corporation named suspect in the land and forest fire cases,” Wirmanto said on Friday.
He said three case reports handled by the Tebo Police and another report tackled by the East Tanjungjabung Police were all still under investigation. Meanwhile, the investigation by the Muarojambi Police had been completed, in which both suspect and evidence had been handed over to prosecutors.
“Two reports handled by the Batanghari Police are still in the investigation stage and no one has been declared as a suspect,” said Wirmanto.
Fires reported in the seven dossiers cover 6.5 hectares of land, of which 2.5 ha is located in Tebo and another 2 ha is in Batanghari. East Tanjungjabung and Muarojambi has 1 ha each.
“We are calling on all land owners and companies not to clear land using slash and burn methods. We will impose tough sanctions on anyone found guilty of committing such illegal practices,” he said. (ebf)
- Singapore's Mt. Agung travel advisory `excessive': BNPB
- Setya sends letter to House, asks not to remove him as speaker
- Shoppers go on buying binge at Matahari store in West Jakarta
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Court finds Czech 'femme fatale' guilty in spy scandal
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- First exhibition for Indonesian comics history held in Brussels
- ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ creator arrested for possession of child pornography
- Karawang sets highest minimum wage in Indonesia
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook