Police apprehend suspected elephant killer
The Jakarta Post
The Tebo Police’s Fox Team personnel have arrested SR, 40, who is suspected to have killed an elephant in Semambu village, Sumay district, Tebo regency.
The perpetrator was arrested at his parents’ house in Rimbo Illir district, early on Saturday.
“He was apprehended after the police’s Fox Team received a report on the killing of an elephant recently,” Jambi Police spokesperson Adj.Sr.Comr. Kuswahyudi Tresnadi said on Saturday. He referred to a special team established by the Tebo Police’s Criminal Investigation Unit (Satreskrim) to tackle wildlife crimes.
The arrest occurred after Satreskrim personnel at the Tebo Police received a report on the killing of a Sumatran elephant in Sumay district, around 200 kilometers from the downtown of Jambi city.
After they checked the accuracy of the report, the Fox Team personnel moved to search for the perpetrator. SR was apprehended without making any attempt to resist the arrest. He is now being detained by the Tebo Police for further investigation. (ebf)
- FBI warned Trump's son in-law on Murdoch ex-wife: report
- Bekasi wants roads free of 'Pak Ogah'
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators
- Immigration office hunts two foreigners at protest in Batam
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube