Police apprehend suspected elephant killer
The Jakarta Post
The Tebo Police’s Fox Team personnel have arrested SR, 40, who is suspected to have killed an elephant in Semambu village, Sumay district, Tebo regency.
The perpetrator was arrested at his parents’ house in Rimbo Illir district, early on Saturday.
“He was apprehended after the police’s Fox Team received a report on the killing of an elephant recently,” Jambi Police spokesperson Adj.Sr.Comr. Kuswahyudi Tresnadi said on Saturday. He referred to a special team established by the Tebo Police’s Criminal Investigation Unit (Satreskrim) to tackle wildlife crimes.
The arrest occurred after Satreskrim personnel at the Tebo Police received a report on the killing of a Sumatran elephant in Sumay district, around 200 kilometers from the downtown of Jambi city.
After they checked the accuracy of the report, the Fox Team personnel moved to search for the perpetrator. SR was apprehended without making any attempt to resist the arrest. He is now being detained by the Tebo Police for further investigation. (ebf)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines