Great Eastern seals bancassurance deal with OCBC NISP
Singapore-based insurance company Great Eastern Life has repositioned its business orientations in Indonesia as a bancassurance provider, with the latest cooperation with Bank OCBC NISP to launch its new product Legacy Protector.
Great Eastern Life Indonesia president director Clement Lien said the change was driven by the company’s recent research, which showed that hardly any similar products have been widely marketed in the country.
“After being in operation for some years in Indonesia, we have decided to reposition ourselves as a bancassurance specialist. This allows us to focus our efforts into creating new products to cater to bancassurance needs [in the country],” Lien said in a press statement recently.
The new bancassurance offers risk protection not only to the policy holders but also to their descendants to assure their financial safety in the long term, Lien added.
“The product can be beneficial for [the next] three to four generations and it is also transferable to the children or grandchildren,” he said, adding that the product would be using the US Dollars as its currency peg. (ags)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map