House doctors to examine Setya Novanto
The Jakarta Post
Doctors from the House of Representatives will examine the health condition of House Speaker Setya Novanto on Tuesday following his absence from Monday's scheduled questioning session on the e-ID case at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
It has been reported that the examination will be conducted at Siloam Hospital in Semanggi, South Jakarta, where Setya is undergoing medical treatment after he was admitted on Sunday evening.
Setya’s blood sugar level reportedly increased after he engaged in physical exercise on Sunday, causing problems to his kidney and heart.
Citing this sudden illness, Setya, who is also the Golkar Party chairman, skipped the KPK’s summons on Monday.
Golkar Party secretary-general Idrus Marham visited the KPK’s headquarters on Monday and handed over a doctor’s letter on Setya's health condition.
The KPK has accepted the letter and has said it will decide later whether it will reschedule the questioning or take other legal measures in the matter. (ebf)
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens