House doctors to examine Setya Novanto
The Jakarta Post
Doctors from the House of Representatives will examine the health condition of House Speaker Setya Novanto on Tuesday following his absence from Monday's scheduled questioning session on the e-ID case at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
It has been reported that the examination will be conducted at Siloam Hospital in Semanggi, South Jakarta, where Setya is undergoing medical treatment after he was admitted on Sunday evening.
Setya’s blood sugar level reportedly increased after he engaged in physical exercise on Sunday, causing problems to his kidney and heart.
Citing this sudden illness, Setya, who is also the Golkar Party chairman, skipped the KPK’s summons on Monday.
Golkar Party secretary-general Idrus Marham visited the KPK’s headquarters on Monday and handed over a doctor’s letter on Setya's health condition.
The KPK has accepted the letter and has said it will decide later whether it will reschedule the questioning or take other legal measures in the matter. (ebf)
- Singapore's Mt. Agung travel advisory `excessive': BNPB
- Setya sends letter to House, asks not to remove him as speaker
- Shoppers go on buying binge at Matahari store in West Jakarta
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Court finds Czech 'femme fatale' guilty in spy scandal
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- First exhibition for Indonesian comics history held in Brussels
- ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ creator arrested for possession of child pornography
- Karawang sets highest minimum wage in Indonesia
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook