House doctors to examine Setya Novanto
The Jakarta Post
Doctors from the House of Representatives will examine the health condition of House Speaker Setya Novanto on Tuesday following his absence from Monday's scheduled questioning session on the e-ID case at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
It has been reported that the examination will be conducted at Siloam Hospital in Semanggi, South Jakarta, where Setya is undergoing medical treatment after he was admitted on Sunday evening.
Setya’s blood sugar level reportedly increased after he engaged in physical exercise on Sunday, causing problems to his kidney and heart.
Citing this sudden illness, Setya, who is also the Golkar Party chairman, skipped the KPK’s summons on Monday.
Golkar Party secretary-general Idrus Marham visited the KPK’s headquarters on Monday and handed over a doctor’s letter on Setya's health condition.
The KPK has accepted the letter and has said it will decide later whether it will reschedule the questioning or take other legal measures in the matter. (ebf)
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle': Star-studded cast, bigger action
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Addressing challenges of VAT collection in digital economy