House doctors to examine Setya Novanto
The Jakarta Post
Doctors from the House of Representatives will examine the health condition of House Speaker Setya Novanto on Tuesday following his absence from Monday's scheduled questioning session on the e-ID case at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
It has been reported that the examination will be conducted at Siloam Hospital in Semanggi, South Jakarta, where Setya is undergoing medical treatment after he was admitted on Sunday evening.
Setya’s blood sugar level reportedly increased after he engaged in physical exercise on Sunday, causing problems to his kidney and heart.
Citing this sudden illness, Setya, who is also the Golkar Party chairman, skipped the KPK’s summons on Monday.
Golkar Party secretary-general Idrus Marham visited the KPK’s headquarters on Monday and handed over a doctor’s letter on Setya's health condition.
The KPK has accepted the letter and has said it will decide later whether it will reschedule the questioning or take other legal measures in the matter. (ebf)
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Wes Anderson, Norway teen massacre films lead Berlin fest race
- ‘Black Panther’ succeeds in bringing Wakanda to world
- EU opens door for Balkan states, but hurdles remain