Jakarta to have parking spaces for 'ojek' drivers
The Jakarta Post
To reduce traffic congestion, the Jakarta administration will build parking areas for ojek (motorcycle taxi) drivers at 17 train stations, with Dukuh Atas near Sudirman Station in Central Jakarta as the pilot project.
Greater Jakarta Transportation Agency (BPTJ) head Bambang Prihartono said Wednesday that the parking spaces would be designed for motorcycle app and conventional ojek drivers. He added that ojek drivers could use the area to pick up and drop off passengers.
“We will prepare a parking area for them so they don’t pick up and drop off passengers on the road, which can cause congestion,” he said during a focus group discussion on infrastructure and transportation polices in Greater Jakarta.
He added that his side was in talks with market operator PD Pasar Jaya to use a parking area in Dukuh Atas.
“Dukuh Atas is the pilot project and Tanah Abang [in Central Jakarta] will be next,” he said, adding the he hoped all 17 train stations in Jakarta would have ojek-dedicated parking spaces. (rdi/syl)
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi