Jakarta to have parking spaces for 'ojek' drivers
The Jakarta Post
To reduce traffic congestion, the Jakarta administration will build parking areas for ojek (motorcycle taxi) drivers at 17 train stations, with Dukuh Atas near Sudirman Station in Central Jakarta as the pilot project.
Greater Jakarta Transportation Agency (BPTJ) head Bambang Prihartono said Wednesday that the parking spaces would be designed for motorcycle app and conventional ojek drivers. He added that ojek drivers could use the area to pick up and drop off passengers.
“We will prepare a parking area for them so they don’t pick up and drop off passengers on the road, which can cause congestion,” he said during a focus group discussion on infrastructure and transportation polices in Greater Jakarta.
He added that his side was in talks with market operator PD Pasar Jaya to use a parking area in Dukuh Atas.
“Dukuh Atas is the pilot project and Tanah Abang [in Central Jakarta] will be next,” he said, adding the he hoped all 17 train stations in Jakarta would have ojek-dedicated parking spaces. (rdi/syl)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map