Ancol to go cashless
The Jakarta Post
Operator of Taman Impian Jaya Ancol recreation center PT.Pembangunan Jaya Ancol plans to go cashless at its entrance gates.
The company's corporate communications manager, Rika Lestari, said the management had conducted a study about the plan since earlier this year.
"We have designed the system for cashless transactions since the beginning of 2017, so we will implement the system soon," she said on Thursday as quoted by Kompas.com.
Rika said the cashless transactions would also be implemented gradually for all attractions in Ancol.
Especially for Ancol Beach, she said that the management was still studying the possibility of cash-free admission, as suggested by Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat.
Previously, Djarot criticized the entrance system in Ancol area, which still applies cash transactions that make it difficult to achieve accountability.
"They are still using paper tickets, which are old-fashioned," Djarot said last week. (ecn)
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Malaysia and Indonesia will counter discriminative policy by EU on palm oil
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Skype disappears from Chinese app stores in latest web crackdown
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister