Tangerang entices foreigners to stay longer: Official
The Jakarta Post
The charm of Tangerang as an industrial area in Banten has attracted some foreigners to stay longer in the city, an official has claimed.
This fact is supported by the increasing number of foreigners who have proposed getting e-ID cards at the Tangerang Civil Registry and Population Agency over the past four months, Batu Ceper district’s public services section head Herdi said on Thursday.
"The number [of foreigners] has increased since Idul Fitri. Unfortunately, most of them do not have the required documents for e-ID card," Herdi said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Since these foreigners cannot fulfill the requirements, Herdi added that his agency had not issued them with e-IDs. (rdi)
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam