Tangerang entices foreigners to stay longer: Official
The Jakarta Post
The charm of Tangerang as an industrial area in Banten has attracted some foreigners to stay longer in the city, an official has claimed.
This fact is supported by the increasing number of foreigners who have proposed getting e-ID cards at the Tangerang Civil Registry and Population Agency over the past four months, Batu Ceper district’s public services section head Herdi said on Thursday.
"The number [of foreigners] has increased since Idul Fitri. Unfortunately, most of them do not have the required documents for e-ID card," Herdi said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Since these foreigners cannot fulfill the requirements, Herdi added that his agency had not issued them with e-IDs. (rdi)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India