Tangerang entices foreigners to stay longer: Official
The Jakarta Post
The charm of Tangerang as an industrial area in Banten has attracted some foreigners to stay longer in the city, an official has claimed.
This fact is supported by the increasing number of foreigners who have proposed getting e-ID cards at the Tangerang Civil Registry and Population Agency over the past four months, Batu Ceper district’s public services section head Herdi said on Thursday.
"The number [of foreigners] has increased since Idul Fitri. Unfortunately, most of them do not have the required documents for e-ID card," Herdi said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Since these foreigners cannot fulfill the requirements, Herdi added that his agency had not issued them with e-IDs. (rdi)
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Bitcoin sinks below $10,000 to bring monthlong rout to 50%
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- Seven interesting facts about Maritime Museum in Jakarta
- Dukuh Atas TOD groundbreaking set for Jan 30