Police raid alleged gay spa in C. Jakarta, detain 51
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police raided a spa in Harmoni, Central Jakarta, on Friday night, arresting 51 men, seven of whom were foreigners, for reportedly taking part in an alleged gay sex party.
The seven foreigners are from China, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia, Jakarta Police spokesman Argo Yuwono said.
"For the spa visitors, we will conduct an identification process. They will be taken in as witnesses, and after that, we will release them," Argo said on Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
As the identification is ongoing, the 51 men are still detained at the Central Jakarta Police station, he added.
(Read also: Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law)
Police also seized 13 sex toys and condoms during the raid.
"By paying Rp 165,000 (US$12.23), people get access to the spa's facilities and also are given condoms and lubricants," Argo said.
Police have named seven suspects in the case. Six of them have been arrested, while another remains at large. They will be charged under the 2008 Pornography Law and the Criminal Code (KUHP) with potential punishment of six years’ imprisonment. (yon/wit)
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Easy win for Ganjar in Central Java?