Police raid alleged gay spa in C. Jakarta, detain 51
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police raided a spa in Harmoni, Central Jakarta, on Friday night, arresting 51 men, seven of whom were foreigners, for reportedly taking part in an alleged gay sex party.
The seven foreigners are from China, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia, Jakarta Police spokesman Argo Yuwono said.
"For the spa visitors, we will conduct an identification process. They will be taken in as witnesses, and after that, we will release them," Argo said on Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
As the identification is ongoing, the 51 men are still detained at the Central Jakarta Police station, he added.
(Read also: Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law)
Police also seized 13 sex toys and condoms during the raid.
"By paying Rp 165,000 (US$12.23), people get access to the spa's facilities and also are given condoms and lubricants," Argo said.
Police have named seven suspects in the case. Six of them have been arrested, while another remains at large. They will be charged under the 2008 Pornography Law and the Criminal Code (KUHP) with potential punishment of six years’ imprisonment. (yon/wit)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?