Police raid alleged gay spa in C. Jakarta, detain 51
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police raided a spa in Harmoni, Central Jakarta, on Friday night, arresting 51 men, seven of whom were foreigners, for reportedly taking part in an alleged gay sex party.
The seven foreigners are from China, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia, Jakarta Police spokesman Argo Yuwono said.
"For the spa visitors, we will conduct an identification process. They will be taken in as witnesses, and after that, we will release them," Argo said on Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
As the identification is ongoing, the 51 men are still detained at the Central Jakarta Police station, he added.
(Read also: Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law)
Police also seized 13 sex toys and condoms during the raid.
"By paying Rp 165,000 (US$12.23), people get access to the spa's facilities and also are given condoms and lubricants," Argo said.
Police have named seven suspects in the case. Six of them have been arrested, while another remains at large. They will be charged under the 2008 Pornography Law and the Criminal Code (KUHP) with potential punishment of six years’ imprisonment. (yon/wit)
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems