Anies’ team to prepare VR devices during inauguration
The Jakarta Post
The team of Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno have prepared virtual reality (VR) devices for residents of kampung to use to witness the inauguration of the pair at the State Palace on Oct. 16.
The VR devices would make residents feel like they are in the same location as Anies and Sandiaga, the pair’s spokesman, Naufal Firman, said.
“We have prepared 15 units of VR to be put in several kampung. Some cameras will record live the inauguration and the footage would be projected into the VR,” Naufal said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He did not reveal the names of the villages that would receive the VR devices.
The team also planned to set up large-sized screens in some locations so that residents could watch the inauguration together, Naufal said. (cal)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank