Anies’ team to prepare VR devices during inauguration
The Jakarta Post
The team of Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno have prepared virtual reality (VR) devices for residents of kampung to use to witness the inauguration of the pair at the State Palace on Oct. 16.
The VR devices would make residents feel like they are in the same location as Anies and Sandiaga, the pair’s spokesman, Naufal Firman, said.
“We have prepared 15 units of VR to be put in several kampung. Some cameras will record live the inauguration and the footage would be projected into the VR,” Naufal said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He did not reveal the names of the villages that would receive the VR devices.
The team also planned to set up large-sized screens in some locations so that residents could watch the inauguration together, Naufal said. (cal)
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Grab, Paytren sign business deal
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya says he has been 'suffering from diarrhea' during hearing